Acinic cell carcinoma
· Account for about 1% of salivary gland tumors
· Show an almost uniform pattern of large cells similar to serous cells,with granular basophillic cytoplasm,often in an acinar arrangement
· Characteristic feature-scattered round 'holes' throughout the entrapted secretion
· Sometimes these are so numerous as to give the tumor a lce like appearance
· Despite,apperantly benign histolological appearances,acinic cell carcinomas can be invasive and metastasise
· More obviously malignant varients with nuclear pleomorphism and hyperchromatism and also occationally seen microscopically.